Ninth Take Home Quiz
1. Name the three types of radiation emitted by radioactive
isotopes and give a brief description of each.
and give a brief description of each.
2. State the periodic law.
3. Name the two scientists who are given the most credit for
discovering the periodic law.
4. What did the blanks in Mendeleev's periodic table indicate to
5. List five physical properties and one chemical property of the
6. List three physical properties and two chemical properties of
the nonmetallic elements.
7. Name the group of metallic elements which are the most
8. Write the formulae for the following polyatomic ions. Be sure
to indicate the charges.
9. Write electronic configurations for the following ions.
Na+ Mg2+ K+
10. Write a balanced equation for the reaction of sodium metal
2Na(m) + 2H2O ---> 2NaOH + H2(g)
Answers to Set 9