Eighth Take Home Quiz
1. Write electronic configurations for the following atoms and
2. A) How many valence electrons does an atom of oxygen have ?
B) What is the valence of oxygen ?
3. Which one of the following types of electromagnetic radiation
consists of the longest wavelength radiation ?
Green light Gamma
UV Infrared (IR)
Which one has the highest frequency radiation ?
Which one consists of photons having the greatest energy ?
4. When an electron in a sublevel of an excited atom drops into a
sublevel of lower energy, how many photons of light are emitted ?
5. Which of the following electron configurations of atoms
correspond to excited states rather than ground states ?
Answers to Set 8