Tenth Take Home Quiz
1. Write a balanced equation for the reaction of sodium metal
2. Indicate the industrial uses of the following compounds.
sodium chloride sodium carbonate
3. What is the principal compound found in teeth and bones ?
4. Which of the following pairs of elements are most similar in
the chemical and physical properties ?
C and Pb K and Na K and Ca Al and Cl
5. Write the formula for gypsum ?
6. Write a balanced equation for the conversion of gypsum into
Plaster of Paris ?
7. Write the formula for calcium carbonate.
8. Name some natural materials composed of calcium phosphate.
9. Write the electronic configurations for a sodium atom, a
magnesium atom, and an aluminum atom. Also write electronic
configurations for a sodium ion, a magnesium ion, and an aluminum
ion. Which electrons are lost when these atoms are converted
into the corresponding ions ?
10. What are the two most important allotropic forms of carbon ?
Why are these allotropic forms so different ?
11. Name some naturally occurring materials which contains silicon.
Answers to Set 10